What is ITIL ?
What does having ITIL certification mean?
Is ITIL V3 right for me?
How do I get recognised in ITIL?
What Does ITIL V3 Comprise of?
What is the ITIL V3 Certification Path ?
What is the format for the ITIL V3 Foundation exam ?
What languages are the ITIL examinations available in?
What happens if I fail an exam?
What are the major differences between ITIL v2 and ITIL v3?
If I already hold an ITIL V2 qualification how do I upgrade to V3?
ITIL stands for: Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
The ITIL Certificates are designed as - IT Service Management - qualifications . They are aimed at all personnel who wish to become familiar with the best practices for IT Service Management, as defined in the OGC IT Infrastructure Library guidelines.
Is ITIL V3 right for me?
- What does having ITIL certification mean?
The holder of the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management should be aware of the techniques, processes and functions in the core ITIL publications of Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. He or she should be able to relate this knowledge to wider IT issues and to their own work environment.
This certification is primarily aimed towards:
• those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework;
• those who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization;
• IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about, or contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
- How do I get recognised in ITIL?
To get recognised in ITIL as an individual you need to achieve certification by taking an ITIL examination through a recognised exam centre. There are several levels to ITIL certification and which one aim to reach will depend on your current career level and your aspirations for the future.
- What Does ITIL V3 Comprise of?
There are 12 main areas that the ITIL Foundation is focused on. These areas are divided between
- Service Support
- Service Delivery
Service Delivery processes / functions are:
- Service Desk is the only function in Service Delivery
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
Service Support consists of the following processes:
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Financial Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Security Management
- What is the ITIL V3 Certification Path ?
There are three levels of ITIL Certification
- Foundation level
- Intermediate (Service Lifecycle and Capability) level
- Advanced Professional level.
- What is the format for the ITIL V3 Foundation exam ?
Exam Title: ITIL Foundation V3
Exam Number: EX0-101
Number of Questions: 40
Time Limit: 60 minutes
Passing Score: 65% (26/40 items answered correctly)
Exam Fee: $150 USD
Exam Registrars: Pearson VUE or Prometric
- What is the fee for the ITIL V3 Foundation exam?
Exam Fee: $150 USD
- What languages are the ITIL examinations available in?
The ITIL examinations are available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portugese, Chinese, Japanese and Russian. The Practitioner examinations are available in English only. The Service Manager examinations are available in English, German and Russian.
- What happens if I fail an exam?
In the unfortunate case you failed an examination, you can take part in another examination session, which is subject to a resit fee. This does not necessarily have to be at the same examination centre.
There is no limit to the number of times you can retake the examination.
- What are the major differences between ITIL v2 and ITIL v3 ?
Amongst the key changes you’ll see in ITIL V3 is a wholesale shift towards a service-driven lifecycle approach and guidance which aims to be more prescriptive.
Where ITIL V2 outlined what should be done to improve processes, ITIL V3 explains clearly how you should go about doing it.
- If I already hold an ITIL V2 qualification how do I upgrade to V3?
Individuals with existing ITIL V2 qualifications can use those qualifications as credits towards the Expert or may find that the credits or qualifications they hold will make them eligible for the current V3 Bridging routes.